Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dayton's reflection on Back to School Night

     
      Hello, my name is Dayton. I recently was chosen as student ambassador, for back to school night at Byram Intermediate. When one of my former teachers had told me that I was chosen, I was actually a little confused. Our school has never done this before! But once my teacher explained what we were going to do, I was so excited! As student ambassador, my job was to talk about a few of the teachers I had the year prior. I had to describe my experience, my favorite things that I did, and give a few tips! That night after I was chosen I immediately began to work on my summaries of the year I had with certain teachers! It was pretty fun to sum up my year for other parents and students to hear about.
 
    
    Once back to school night arrived, I was super excited! I was very eager to share my experiences with the parents and students. A few of the other ambassadors were nervous, but I got past my nerves and was ready to share. When I was called up to speak I read in a microphone, which was pretty fun! I had talked three different times that night. The first was about my math teacher, then my social studies, and lastly my Spanish teacher! The parents seemed to enjoy having a student talk about the teachers, instead of always having the teachers always talking. I enjoyed it too!    Overall, my experience as student ambassador was awesome! I really enjoyed it and felt proud of myself that I was chosen to do it. I really had a great time, and I think it was a great idea that my school decided to do this!
                                                                                                                                          



Thank You,
                                                                                                                                                              Dayton

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! How exciting for you all to share a student's perspective and play a larger role in representing your school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayton, I am curious about the reaction of the adults. Did any of them speak to you afterwards? If so, what did they say?

    What advice would you give next year's ambassadors?

    Mr. C
    NoelTigers.com
    Comments4Kids.com

    ReplyDelete