Monday, October 7, 2013

Skylar's Reflection on Back to School Night

“I’d love to do it!” These 5 words started it all. Mrs. Garrity and Mr. Morris called An and I out of Mr. Vogel’s room and they told us they wanted us to be student ambassadors and I felt so honored that they had chosen me as one of 4 kids in the whole grade! Being a student ambassador was an amazing experience for me and will be for many more kids to come. This was one of the most amazing things that had ever happened to me.
              Being a student ambassador was really a great experience. The Tuesday that was 2 days before back to school night Josh, Mikey, An, and I all went into Mr. Morris’s room to talk. We talked and chose the topics we were going to do at back to school night. We decided that we were going to go up in pairs so it would be less scary than going up alone one at a time. My partner was An. Our 3 topics were the 5th grade teachers, before and after school activities, and the field trip. We both decided to write our speeches on Wednesday before we met again on Thursday the day of Back to School Night.
              It was Thursday the day of back to school night and we were all in Mrs. Garrity’s talking about our speeches. Mrs. Garrity took An and I to work with and Mr. Morris took Josh and Mikey to work with.  An and I decided to do our speech so that I would say the opening I made, read my part, An reads her part, and so on. An made a closing for our speech and I thought it was really cool. I was very nervous to be speaking in front of all of these parents.
              It was the actual night of back to school night and I was SUPER nervous. My mom said just to relax. I knew that I shouldn’t be so nervous because I am very used to speaking in front of people. I walked into the gym and saw An and Mikey. They both looked so dressed up. All we were waiting for was for Josh to arrive. Josh finally came so we could all practice now. The boys went first and then the girls went. We all did amazing. Then, when it was the real thing NONE of us messed up! I was still very shocked that I could do that. I am so honored that I got to be one of the first people to ever do that! Thank you Mr. Morris and Mrs. Garrity for choosing me to be able to be one of the first ever School Ambassadors!

1 comment:

  1. Very well written and explained. I enjoyed this a lot!

    ReplyDelete